Quality is consistency.
- It creates an expectation.
- It sets the bar.
With regards to quality, a business must:
- Learn how to fulfill the expectation they have created.
- Match their message with the expectation.
- Minimize costs but still provide consistency.
What makes your business unique?
- Better customer service can be the differentiator.
Cost of Quality metrics:
- Easier to determine for a product vs a service.
- It minimizes failures by using tools such as inspections or surveys.
- It aids in the prevention of defects and variations using training and systems.
Jim Gray, JPG Advisors LLC