BRAINSTORMING: What are some key search words for your business besides the obvious?
Ways to discover new key words:
- Focus on your niche.
- How do you differentiate yourself?
- Think of terms related to partners (e.g., real estate firm to include insurance or title company providers).
SPEAKER: Hannah Wineland, Root Digital
Topic: How to Write for Local SEO
- SEO = Search Engine Optimization, the practice of increasing quantity and quality traffic to your website through the organic results in search engines (Bing, Google, Yahoo)
What Makes Good SEO?
- Content – add high-value images, videos and information that users are searching for
- Technical – make sure all links work and that Google can Index your site
- Backlinks – become an “authority” – list your website on as many other websites as you can.
Use tools – decisions should be based on data
- Find the best keywords – e.g., ubersuggest
- Determine if what you are doing is working – google analytics
Hannah Wineland, Root Digital: 216-402-2240 /