Taking the time to consider this question is key for every business owner. Many new business owners create business cards and maybe a logo and they are on their way but branding is so much more.
Local business owners came up with these strategies with regards to branding:
- Everyone needs to brand themselves even if they work for a large corporation or a franchise that controls the marketing and advertising of the brand. People buy from people so they will still want to know what you stand for.
- Word of mouth advertising is still relied upon by many businesses and can have a huge impact on a business’ perception and bottom line.
- Referrals from past clients as well as other business owners will keep you in business. Ask for referrals on every closed deal. Joining a local networking group to meet with other business owners to build connections is a great idea as well.
- Keeping a controlled number of clients can insure higher levels of customer service which in the long run can put your business in a stronger position.
- Consider putting your sign on your car. It is free advertising to the public. It works!
- In person marketing still has the greatest impact so get out there and meet your clients face-to-face on a routine basis.
- Be conversational with people everywhere you go and they will eventually ask you what you do.
- Be the resource. Being informative rather than always trying to sell. It is ideal when building relationships and it will be appreciated by many.
Keeping these things in mind will go a long way with branding you and your business!